Free polls from Pollhost.com
Should we set a cap on bankers' salaries to prevent future crisis?
Yes! Get the bastards! No! They deserve every penny!   

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A site to recommend stocks not to buy 9 comments



(P.S: Sorry for any disturbances the advertisements above may have caused you)
There are so many sites in Singapore doing stock-picking for the average investor from the street. Broker analyst reports obviously suffer from a conflict of interest and their buy calls are hardly worth following. Sites operated by individuals push stocks that they have already bought so that they can sell into strength. Even subscription sites have their advertisers and sponsor companies' commercial interests to think about .

Rather than start another site picking stocks to buy, I thought it would be more interesting to pick those NOT to buy. Since I do not short stocks, I will not have the opportunity to succumb to the temptation of aligning my recommendations with my monetary interests.

This will also serve to guide small investors who might be swayed by the rising momentum of "hot stocks of the day". While I also believe in buying with the trend, it should be the earnings momentum that is important, and never the price momentum.

The site will be updated as and when I spot certain stocks that are worth highlighting as "not to buy". More focus to be put on active stocks.

 

 

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you be shorting the stock and want others to help you by not providing buying support?

5/31/2005 2:55 PM  
Blogger DanielXX said...

Buffett,
Well I never short. Too much logistics involved; to sustain the short over >1 day you have to find the scrip from some other holder and borrow from him; you never know when it is needed back. I do my own "shorting" by delaying my purchase until a stock I fancy moves down to my ideal price level.

5/31/2005 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Followed your links from wallstraits. Hope you don't mind my comments, can delete away if you do :)

6/14/2005 11:58 PM  
Blogger DanielXX said...

Hi tankie,
Of course I don't mind your comments. Since this is a blog and not a forum, I really need comments because otherwise I don't know when I could be turning my random thoughts into a boring soliloquy. Comments are strongly welcome.

6/15/2005 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'll make my comments then. It may turn into a more interesting forum than Wallstraits where most posts seems to end up in the fav topic there of 'hidden agandas' :)

6/15/2005 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Danielxx,

interesting read here. Maybe can also put up what to buy picks as well and the arguments to support. Will try to fire away at it for loopholes, or just for arguments' sake. so far, have enjoyed reading your 'not to buy' writeups. Good work. Keep it up!

6/27/2005 5:03 PM  
Blogger DanielXX said...

Hi Anonymous,
I purposely didn't want to put up stock recommendations here! Maybe you can read my Trendspotting site to get ideas of trends from which you can draw some stock ideas. More educational and useful to the individual investor ultimately.

6/27/2005 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sir,

I was caught by surprise when I accessed your blog. Your writings are very detailed and informative to support your arguments. I enjoy very much reading and actually learn something from your blog. Keep up your good work.

7/20/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger DanielXX said...

Thanks! If you have any suggestions to improve things pls also feel free to offer them in the Feedback section.

7/20/2006 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home